My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Simply Saturday



     I got my Peach Jam done this week and a nice Whole Wheat Walnut loaf of bread to put it on.  I'm enjoying my porch today knitting on two projects, both KALS, right now.  I'm still working on my Summer 2016 KAL even though the last clue has been given this past week (and I haven't peeked).  I'm enjoying it and working my two skeins of yarn into one colorway, Chroma Fingering Yarn  in Pegasus and Groovy from Knit Picks.  (Monday Moments and My Sherbet Heavenly Shawl).




      I started my new hat for the new Hat KAL but I'm using one of the patterns from the last Hat KAL I did- Choose Your Own Adventure - Hat KAL in a garter brim and seed stitch in a lovely green wool.



 If you want inspiration for the Hat KAL  which started this past week or just to knit for this


     In a few weeks time, August 20th another shawl KAL is starting called: Yarn Crawl Mystery.  Right now it's only $1 to download the connection to the pattern, which will be revealed over 4 weeks.

"The pattern includes two shapes to choose from: my classic crescent shawl, worked the top down and shaped with easy garter stitch short rows; and a rectangular stole, which is worked sideways to avoid tricky center joins.
The pattern stitches are easy enough even for a novice lace knitter; the pattern includes only a few basic lace stitches combined with simple garter and stockinette stitch textures.
The pattern is written for fingering weight yarn, but both shawls can be worked in lace weight as well as sport weight and DK yarns. Please note that heavier yarns may require extra yardage and larger needles, while lace weight may require smaller needles to maintain the textures.
Solid and tonal yarns will work with this project beautifully as long as there is enough contrast between the two yarns so that the color changes are clear."
My project page in Ravelry describes my overall vision for my shawl- Ocean Crescent Shawl.


Have a Happy Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment