My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Simply Saturday and Deep Stash Along Starts

     Come join me as I work on using my stash up in  a KAL starting today- Deep Stash Along!


     Catching up on all my other projects today.  My  Garter & Seeds Hat in a nice green I've been working on this morning.  I'm segueing over to working on my swatch for The Really Improv Sweater!.  I swatched last week on size #10 needles, but I want to check out size #11 needles too, I want a loose drape for my ivory worsted wool sweater.  I'm also going to work on my Sherbet Heavenly Shawl, which my hands always itch to work on and it's coming along really nicely.  I'm way past the halfway point and about to go on the downhill slope of the shawl.  It'll be a nice treat in the Fall, it's so soft.


     It's the 20th of August and there's two KALs I'm in that start today, but one I had to wait to order yarn and that's my Ocean Crescent Shawl, which is fine with me so I can get the Sherbet shawl done first.  The other was a (of course) last minute, why not decision to do and I think it'll be a great early Fall project to work on in my leisure.  It's a wonderful little KAL- Deep Stash Along, that asks you to use stash yarn that is at least from before 2015 for a project requiring at least 50 grams.  Any project, done anyway. 

Prizes for the Deep Stash Along

      I received a box of a friend's stash for Christmas 2014 and my oldest daughter and I went through it.  Out of it was a single superwash merino with beautiful variegated navy to burgundy colors. 


      So I decided to knit up Just Knit It - 2012 (Free Pattern), an amazingly easy, effortless shawl that involves one row of KFB, Knit, and then KFB, then repeat for all rows.  Simple and very nice results.  A mindless knit for watching a show, but I honestly just like the rhythm of doing it at anytime.  Hard to keep my hands off it to work on other things.








No comments:

Post a Comment