My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday- What's Up In my Knitting World

Joining "Frontier Dreams" today and sharing my creations.



     I have several lovely projects up on needles now.  I try to rotate them keeping each going as best I can.  Usually working as I glance at whatever is my favorite one at the moment and sighing.  But I've gotten a lot done.

     This weekend I worked on setting up and starting my top down sweater, The Really Improv Sweater!   After a day's work, I had to rip out and make lots of changes.  But I'm pleased with the new results, Monday Moments and My Improv Sweater.

  
     Yesterday I continued on with my  Sherbet Heavenly Shawl  and got past the wide back section to go into the slow reversal of the pattern to mimic the other side.  I'm a little apprehensive about how much yarn I have.  I was taking a fastidious count of my work, as we were to repeat the same amount of times as the other side.  Then I ripped out because I discovered I got turned around one row, caused me to loose track.  (This weekend seems to have been my rip out weekend).  So I had placed markers at the midpoint and I knew I started that section on the green stripe.  So I bent it over and approximated where I should knit to.  I think I got it right, and since I started with less yarn than the pattern called for, I don't want to make that part shorter to be sure, I don't want to lose length.  So we'll see, hopefully I won't have to buy another skein to finish.  If I did I could buy Groovy Chroma  and use the leftover in a Hat with grey yarn maybe entwined, hum that would look nice.


     I love the color play that I got in the last rows.  Throughout I've tried to have the colors transition in one way and avoid the mirror effect of the colors gradation in the other direction.  So this portion of blue I let it continue on and I like what resulted at close to the center.


     I worked on my Garter & Seeds Hat  this weekend, but I think I need to just grab it everyday and work on it, so I can get going on Christmas hats. The Hat doesn't inspire me to grab it like the shawls do. But I do see the largest changes when I do work on it and it's a larger knit and easier on the hands.


     I'm hoping to work on finishing Sheila today and she needs her 4 black legs.  I'm wondering if she is a sheep.  But she'll be fun to wrap up and see.


     And I am so dying to work on my Deep Stash Along of a shawl made out of stash gifted by a friend in 2014 from her stash, Just Knit It with Gifted Stash.  I love the simplicity of the pattern  Just Knit It - 2012 and I want to only do this, but I need to finish some things first,  and I promise myself to get there today for some mindless knitting fun.  Simply Saturday and Deep Stash Along Starts





Join "Frontier Dreams" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.

Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment