My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts




     I have several projects on needles right now.  Mostly I'm trying to focus on my mystery shawl from  Summer 2016 KAL.  I finished the first clue yesterday and there are two more clues to go.  More details at Friday Fantasy Knits- Summer 2016 KAL Shawl in Sherbet Colors.  The shawl looks very pretty.  The July KAL is over, the clues all given, but I think a lot of us are still knitting away.



 I started last week knitting a mystery critter, also a mystery KAL (they're so much fun) called- Sheila .


I have the body, head done?   My husband is picking up a bit of fluff for me to stuff it today and then I go onto the next clue.


   I love knitting hats! So when the Hat KAL came up this month challenging anyone to knit as many hats, and whatever hats you want, I jumped on it.  So I loved doing My Adventure Hat, that was last month's hat KAL and it was run by WEBS and gave you a choice of what stitch you wanted to do, from Fair Isle to Seed Stitch, to cable. 






      I did the Fair Isle (Technique Thursday and Learning Fair Isle),  but I admired the other pattern suggestions as well.  (My finished hat- Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts- Somethings Finished, Somethings Started).  So using more of my stash of Patons Worsted Wool I'm tackling the hat with a garter stitch brim and in seed stitch. 




      I got the brim done, and I started the first row of seed stitch.  Hopefully this one will work on me, my last one blocking stretched it out, so it'll be a gift.  Check out the WEBS Hat Pattern- Choose Your Own Adventure.



Join "Keep Calm & Craft On" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.
Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.




No comments:

Post a Comment