My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wednesday Yarn Along- Outlander and A Mystery Critter and Sherbet Shawl


Join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share what you are currently reading and creating 
at her "Yarn Along".

   


     I finished several projects, my TGV Shawl (Simply Saturday) and hat (Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts) and I started a critter KAL called Sheila , my Ravelry page- My Mystery Critter.



      Today I want to start a Hat for the Hat KAL I'm doing.  The more hats the more chances of winning, but more importantly more Christmas hats to give are done!


     I've given myself the month to finish my Sherbet Heavenly Shawl, even though that's longer than the KAL- Summer 2016 KAL.  It is my summer treat with its delicious colors.  It's just so perfectly reflects memories of sherbet, sorbet or ices of summer.




     I'm spending my days knitting and listening to Outlander- Audible.   I got partially a mystery animal done yesterday, but I have to wait a whole week for the next clue.  Just as well, or I wouldn't work on anything else!  And I am so enjoying my sherbet shawl.




     Lately, I'm in a lot of pain, I don't like to complain, it just is a reality for me between slipped disks and sciatica I've gone from being fine ( or so I thought) within a year to not being able to move without gasping.  I hurt before, but I helped empty a lean-to of lots of heavy objects, alone, in the Adirondacks because I didn't want to admit I shouldn't and I'm paying for it!  So my knitting and reading are my refuge from a personal storm.  But I'm home where I love, and at least I don't have to explain to a boss why I can't do something.  Last year I was working for a Kitchen Supply store, Chefs Catalog, which closed.  Moving Kitchen Aids or hauling heavy Le Creusets were common.  Cleaning after Chefs, lifting heavy pots for Cooking Classes (which I loved) was my common round.  I worked there 8 years not realizing my back pain was serious.  Now I'm home.  Trying to count my blessings.  I dream of being able to hike again and I'm going to try and achieve that goal.





This blog daily lifts me up, thanks for the company!




If you'd like to join in a KAL this August here are some suggestions- Monday Moments and Welcome to August and This Month's KALs



Today join me in sharing your current read and whatever you are knitting at this moment.  What gives you pause in the maddening rush of life?  What restores your balance?  Gives you peace?  For me knitting and reading is my ultimate escape.  Reading takes me away.  Puts pause to my life.  Stops my thoughts, and somehow helps to re-collect them and see life in a better, calmer way after I shelved whatever difficulty I might of been chewing on away while I read.  Yes, I shelve my thoughts and read my scattered books (instead of thinking on my scattered thoughts).  Knitting in it's magical rhythm soothes my soul.  Both together create a quiet harmony to my life.



Please join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share-
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here.  I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! "  Share with Ginny at Small Things.




No comments:

Post a Comment