My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along

Joining Ginny at Small Things today to share what I'm reading and knitting.


      
     I'm still working on my Sherbet Heavenly Shawl, as the KAL is wrapping up- Summer 2016 KAL.  I'm doing the shawl in two lovely colorways of Groovy and Pegasus in Chroma Fingering Yarn.  I'm just about to hit the halfway point, having just weighed my yarn.  I used my measuring cup that weighs ingredients- it did a great job switching over to grams with a switch of a button!  We're supposed to go on to the other steps, which reverse the shaping when we hit a few yards before we use up half our yarn.  I worked till Midnight last night, after working on it all day, not being able to put it down.  One more row became my mantra, until I finished part 2A.  Almost halfway point! Yeah!!!!




     On the reading front I'm still listening to Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1), while I read my book at times.  The book is today on BookBub (which will direct you to other book dealers) for $1.99 for the E-book version.  I love the story, listening gives it a new dimension and helped me in the more, let say dramatic (gruesome) parts. There are some parts toward the end of this volume that haunt you later, and listening to it seemed less traumatic.  Was that because I've read it several times before, or does listening vs. reading enter our subconscious differently?  I don't know, but I'm grateful it didn't hit me as much.  On the other hand listening doesn't impart the same sense of peace and rest that actual reading does.  But I'm trying to power myself through my shawl knitting so I can do this other Shawl KAL at the end of the month (Yarn Crawl Mystery) and I'm a slowpoke by nature.




Upcoming KALS- 

Vap'oria |mkal August 2016Starts August 12th




"Vap'oria is a versatile scarf/shawl with an original shape, that you can easily knit at any gauge and any size, using the yarn that suits you best!"


And a Crescent Shawl KAL coming up August 20th!



The mystery shawl is done in 4 clues-  "The pattern includes two shapes to choose from: my classic crescent shawl, worked the top down and shaped with easy garter stitch short rows; and a rectangular stole, which is worked sideways to avoid tricky center joins."  Only $1 till Sept. 3rd.




Please join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share-
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here.  I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! "
  Share with Ginny at Small Things.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment