My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along

Join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share what you are currently reading and creating at her "Yarn Along".


     I'm working on my Sherbet Heavenly Shawl most of the time, because I can't keep my hands off of it!  It's exciting to see the colors play out and now I'm on the downhill slope of decreasing for the other side.  I'm hoping to finish by the end of August, since it's my summer knit.



       This past weekend I started my The Really Improv Sweater!  which is another KAL which teaches you how to design and knit your own sweater without a pattern!  I've ripped out, re-thought and finally got it re-started.  I'm hoping for a long, loose wear-everyday-over-stretch pants kinda sweater.  Hoping for a comfy fit.  Monday Moments and My Improv Sweater.



     I also started a fun KAL on the side that I want to get my hands on today-  Just Knit It with Gifted Stash.  Grab some pre-2014 stash yarn and knit or do whatever craft you do and create something!  Ravelry site to join- "against all knots".  Prizes given out for finished project by Oct. 1st.  Simply Saturday and Deep Stash Along Starts



     I'm now reading  Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, Book 2) after finishing "Outlander" and I'm listening to Crown of Midnight: A Throne of Glass Novel (Audible) by Sarah J. Maas, the second book in the Throne of Glass series, while I knit.  Both are very good.




Please join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share-
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here.  I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! "  Share with Ginny at Small Things.



2 comments:

  1. Your shawl is beautiful! It reminds me of a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it seems to stop people in their tracks while I wait for an appt. in the morning and knit. Everyone stops and stares and asks questions. It's a hit!

      Delete