My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Simply Saturday

   

     My Ardent Shawl is almost done.  I finished the pattern and still have yarn leftover so I've added a few more rows with holes, and now I'm doing the final garter rows till the yarn is gone.


      It's a good weekend to turn off.  Turn inward.  Quiet the soul.  Knit and read.  And turn off the news.  Sometimes, somethings are beyond our control and for me too overwhelming to contemplate.  I'm going to let the birds and trees surround me.  Knit, take a walk.  Breathe.  And hope.  Out of this place, I can handle next week better.  What else can I do but tend my little world?


     A cake to make.  My husband's birthday on Sunday.  Still some unpacking to do, clearing off the kitchen table, finally so I can block my shawl.  My teen starts school in a week.  10th grade.  Starting to talk about colleges.  Life goes on.  Embracing the simple.  A hot soup to make.  When the world seems impossibly crazy and out of control, what I can do is be thankful for what I have.  Breathe in, breathe out, because I can.  And hope for a better tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment